Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Adam King: Distant Echo Wilderness

After popping into the White Cube I wandered up to Dalston to see Adam King’s show, ‘Distant Echo Wilderness’. It was refreshing to see the playful, colourful work, and a contrast to the sombre paintings by Eberhard Havekost. The Lounge Gallery was overgrown with cut out floral patterns, balloons, organic floral textile blob like sculptures with kitsch ornaments and records. As self proclaimed stationary addict, I immediately identified with the proliferation of paper clips, rubber bands and the odd bulldog clip. Though I felt that I would have focused more on the works if there had been less of it, perhaps one less wall piece. It was a riotous sensitive show, and apparently Charles likes his work enough to have got out of cheque book for it! I wish the number of people who trail through the White Cube would go to ‘Distant Echo Wilderness’ but I doubt that will happen.

On until 14 Apr
Lounge 28 Shackelwell Lane, E8 2EZ